From early telephonic intervention through field and catastrophic, our highly credentialed and experienced case management staff aggressively and professionally manages each case through to P&S/MMRI.
Case management is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s and family’s comprehensive health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality cost-effective outcomes.
All of our medical case managers are licensed Registered Nurses. Most are certified in case management, holding the designation of Certified Case Manager (CCM), Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Registered Rehabilitation Nurse (CRRN), and/or Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), with additional certifications in related fields and clinical specialties.
Case managers provide these services:
- Assist employers and/or insurance companies in decreasing worker’s compensation and health care costs
- Coordinate injured workers’ return to work by acting as a liaison between the worker, the physician and the employer
- Identify treatment plans, oversee medical care and monitor an injured worker’s progress
- Keep the employer and the insurance company informed of pertinent progress, return-to-work status and treatment recommendations
- Provide telephone case management as necessary
- Serve as a source of information for the injured worker, the employer and the physician